VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows any way/software that would enable u to click from a main dvd menu to a section where u could view picture as thumbnails and then click on them to view? I know it sounds like a longshot.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you might want to look at DVD slideshow GUI
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looked at it but dont have what I'm looking for. Bare with me on this idea:
    Could I make a thumbnail page in photoshop and somehow link them so if u click on a thumbnail it will go to that picture on a dvd? What other program MIGHT be able to do this? If anything I just want to have a section so I can view still images by clicking on an arrow to move to the next pic. No autoslideshow.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is your authoring tool ?

You can do it in photoshop, or any still graphics application. How you proceed after that is up to your authoring appl. Many have a facility for thumbnails built in though.

If you don't have an authoring app, look at DVD styler. It may be able to do this for you. or GUIForDVDAuthor.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DVD slideshow GUI can do exactly what you're asking(in combination with Gui for DVDauthor).

When you install DVD slideshow GUI - just check GUI for dvdauthor in the installer and let it install too. Then in the 'File Menu' > 'Export to DVD Menu...' and you will get a dvd with menus with thumbnails of each photo like a chapters menu and also a photo by photo with remote structure.
    Check this tutorial:
    http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/GFDexport.html
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. Guys I'll give DVDslideshow another run. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blaqlion22
    .... Bare with me on this idea:

You go first.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright more questions. I noticed when u work in Subtitle section, adding Style Tags seems like hit and miss. Is there somewhere to figure out how to fine tune settings? Like I cant even figure how to make the font bigger or change the font style. Is there a cheat list out there or again is it a figure out project?
    Quote Quote