VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an hour MPEG-file that the audio is out of sync of video and damaged somehow. But I have managed to extract the audio to a wav file.

So my question is:
    1. How can I extract the video and join the audio again ?
    2. How can I fix the sync problem, it is about 2 seconds ?

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How large is the file and hard drives format ?

If the file is playable you might try vlc in transcode mode to same or other format... thou if there are any serious issues during the playback these will also appear as breaks when viewing the new file.

There is also mpeg2cut which can demux mpegs into elementary streams.

Now audio out of sync how ?

If the amount never changes you could load the m2v (video) into avidemux and add the new audio stream followed by setting the audio preload -??? will move audio earlier ... ??? to move it later.. and output as mpeg or other.

Faster method would be via muxman to vob then extract back to mpeg avoiding any form of re-encoding.

Audio that has a time length which dose not match video and contributes to audio drift are simpler to cure ... audacity for this.

Audio length that matches video length yet drifts requires a lot more work to correct and while this can be done using freeware it's a job left best to products such as vegas and alike which can handle the source and live preview as you work to correct the sync issue.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try running it through projectx or MPEG Video Wizard first
    Quote Quote