VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I just bought a Blu-ray Player from Vizio VBR-100 .
    This Player has Multivoltage but only Regioncode 1/A.
    Does any one know if yoe can codefree this Player or who makes the Player for Vizio???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Probably you will never be able to make the player codefree. The only BluRay players I've ever heard of that are available in the USA that can be made code free are the Oppo and Momitsu and both require a seller or the purchaser to do a mod to make it work. The Momitsu requires a hardware mod that the seller has to do. The Oppo requires a firmware mod that either the seller or the purchaser can do. Do note that while you can buy directly from Oppo that Oppo will NOT under any circumstances help you to mod your firmware for this purpose.

The BluRay group's licensing agreement forbids manufacturers from producing players that can be made region free for DVD or BluRay playing. This is why someone other than the manufacturer has to do a mod to make the player able to change regions. I've heard of 2 other players available in the UK that can be made region free, but I don't remember their names. And one of the big manufacturers (LG maybe?) has a unit available in Asia-Australia that can be made region free only for DVD playback. So the odds are pretty grim that your player will ever be region free for anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There are very very very very very few "hacks" for Blu-Ray players....and it's not the same thing as a DVD player hack. SOME players have hacks for the DVD playback aspect of the player...but not Blu-Ray.
    Quote Quote