VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a burner in my computer, by NEC. It burns DVD movies fine, no problems at all. But lately, when I try to burn audio CDs, the later tracks on the disc never pass the verification and don't play at all in Stereos.

Is there some sort of program I can use to help diagnose whatever the problem may be?

For example:
    on my last burn of 15 songs, tracks 8 and on wouldn't play in any CD player.

I've tried Nero, Imgburn, and CDBurnerXP to burn, different mp3s too.

Please help! Let me know if you need any additional information.
    What can I do to solve this or to at least troubleshoot it somewhat?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Offhand, I'd guess that you exceeded the 700mb disc space. Likely, you are miscalculating based on mp3 file size, unaware that those song files must grow many times larger in order to make a CD-Audio disc that's compatible with all CD players. On the other hand, if you want to keep the small mp3 files unchanged, you have to simply copy the files straight over to disc using the Create Data Disc wizard, instead of Create Audio Disc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm following the time/size limits placed on it by Nero and the other programs, so its not over the allotted minutes.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The earlier guess was based on the amount of information--or lack thereof--that you provided in your initial post.

Another issue would be media. There are many crappy brands out there.

Or it could be your burner, overheating by the time it reaches the outer edge of the disc. You may want to slow down the burning speed.

Or it could be the software miscalculating at it tries to encode CD-Audio files out of mp3 files.

Frankly, I have never used a 1-click approach. I always manually converted mp3 files to CD-compliant wave files (wav for CD preset on WinFF) before compiling them for the burner (using Nero or cdrtfe).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe *just maybe* your burner is one of those crappy Samsung-made burners with their idiotic "SpeedPlus" technology? (you may even have "SpeedPlus" logo on the burner's faceplate)

If so -
    We had few of them in the office for a while, and everything was fine with them until there was need to burn CD-Rs, all of them had errors starting around the middle of the discs. To correct it simply select manually burn speed of 24x or 16x and they'll burn fine.

And as filmbosss80 said - avoid "one clickers".
    First convert your MP3s to WAV with Nero's own Nero Wave Editor (or Audacity - great freebie - or any other software) and use WAVs to add to your AudioCD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DereX888
    Maybe *just maybe* your burner is one of those crappy Samsung-made burners with their idiotic "SpeedPlus" technology? (you may even have "SpeedPlus" logo on the burner's faceplate)

If so -
    We had few of them in the office for a while, and everything was fine with them until there was need to burn CD-Rs, all of them had errors starting around the middle of the discs. To correct it simply select manually burn speed of 24x or 16x and they'll burn fine.

And as filmbosss80 said - avoid "one clickers".
    First convert your MP3s to WAV with Nero's own Nero Wave Editor (or Audacity - great freebie - or any other software) and use WAVs to add to your AudioCD.
    We have a few of those burners. Have to agree with your assessment. Reducing the burn speed for CD-Rs has fixed all of our issues. For no other reason than habit, we burn all CD-Rs at 24x.

Try using Burrrn. Converts to wav first, then burns the wav files to CD. Though with modern speed machines, there is little chance of an error with on the fly mp3 to CDR recording, you never know
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using latest version of Nero and is working ok for me to burn music files. http://www.place77.com/nero-17471.html
    Try to upgrade it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You just replied to a 4-month-old thread. The person has surely solved it by now.

Anyway, Nero isn't great burning software.
    It may have been bad blank CD-R (use better discs, see http://www.digitalfaq.com/guides/media/index.htm for help)
    Or the burner was fauly.
    "Verification" can give false results, too.
    Plus not all players can read all CD-R types/brands.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote