VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking to get a 4 port HDMI switch.
    It will connect to a generation 2 Plasma via HDMI to DVI

Other than looking at Newegg reviews, does anyone have suggestions on brands to get or avoid?

BTW, so far the only device that will not work HDMI to DVI is a Toshiba HD-A30 I picked up for $20. Plays fine via component, just wont negotiate a HDMI connection
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've used three different ones from MonoPrice and no problems with any. They use HDMI from my video cards that have a DVI-HDMI adapter and feed my projector. Work fine for BD discs or MKV. http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10110
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, I did some reading at monoprice...BTW thanks for that as I've never been there before.

Looks like the 5 port is better than the 4 port.
    Since reading all the reviews and doing some research, I may end up getting 5 port and the Fury2

I'm looking at the handshack problem I had with the Toshiba HD player
    I know I have no problems with HD via component
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    MonoPrice is a decent company. Never had problems with them. The HDMI switches I got from them work fine with my setup. My last purchase was for a HDMI splitter so I could use my HDMI output for my projector and my HDMI enabled monitor. Works great. And their cables are a bargain.

HDMI handshake is a PITA. Most of my components work fine. But if your video card is off on some weird setting, HDMI may not want to work. It also adds some seconds to any HDMI playback as it negotiates. PowerDVD took forever to display. Total Media Theater is faster for startup, but not a whole lot.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Too bad my 4 year old 42" plasma still has a great picture. I just can't convience myself to replace a good working TV with a newer just because it's a 2nd generation and has problems with HDCP.

The Fury2 would solve that problem

Again, thanks for informing me about monoprice. Great site. Then reading that site I found BlueJeans, another great site
    Quote Quote