VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I have a few times succeeded in converting AVI movie files into DVDs and VCDs using Super during my time with Windows. Most of the time the volume is very low. My usual TV watching volume is circa 10-15. But when I watched the DVDs and VCDs, I need to push it to 30-40. Even that, sometimes the diction is not too clear.

Now I'm with Mac and I'm still trying to encode my first movie. I have not succeeded yet. While I'm still at the learning curve, I would like to ask, is it possible to make the volume louder while encoding it using ffmpegX?

I have looked into the Audio section. There are a couple of topic that is almost the same to my question but they involve other softwares.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You may benefit from looking at the ffmpegx documentation regarding audio: http://www.ffmpegx.com/audio.html

You see that there are several options, depending on what you want to do, and on which encoding engine you choose. For example, you can simply increase the amplitude arbitrarily (but if done blindly, you run the risk of going too far), or use the normalization function.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the reply. I'll look into it
    Quote Quote