VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone....I am totally new at this but I have searched and studied before asking my questions. Thank you in advance for your help!

I have a .rar file that I downloaded from the net. I used WinRar to extract the contents which are four .iso files. Each .iso file is a dvd and each dvd is appx. one hour in length. I watched each .iso file via mounting them on Daemon Tools to make sure they are clean and non corrupted. However I can not get AutoGK to convert any of the .iso files to .avi correctly. I have tried selecting different vob's and info files and nothing works. There is one info file that seems to be the right one. When selected in AutoGK it gives information like total run time of the movie, resolution, etc. However when conversion is completed the .avi file is only 5 minutes long and will not even play in Windows Media Player. Can someone please help me???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Get them out of ISO format and into IFOs, BUPs, and VOBs. Then open either the IFO or the VOB in AutoGK.

Mount the ISO using Daemon Tools and then decrypt it from the virtual drive using DVD Decrypter. That's one way, anyway. Or, since it shouldn't be encrypted, just drag-and-drop from the virtual drive to a folder you've prepared elsewhere.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi....there are multiple vobs....4 of them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do it 4 times then. You implied that each contains a different DVD - that they're not supposed to be joined into a single 4 hour long video. If they are supposed to be joined together, when all done rename the VOBs sequentially and move them into the same folder before opening the first one in AutoGK. There's a chance you'll wind up with out-of-synch audio doing that, though. You could encode each separately (making sure the video and audio have the same attributes) and join them when all done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A single movie can encompass up to 9 VOB files. If there us only on video_TS folder (which there should be for a DVD), then find the main IFO file (Video_ts.ifo) and open that in AutoGK.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AutoGK will automatically pick up the set of vob files for each DVD, just select VTS_01_0.IFO and AutoGK will do the rest.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Guns....I did that. It looked like it would convert just fine....but after three tries as I said above, the avi file was only 5 minutes long and would not play at all. What could be causing this?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the iso file opened.........and I selected the correct info file. It only created a 5 minute avi file that was unplayable.

Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the original .rar file that shows the contents....which are the 4 .iso files Im speaking of.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open the IFO file with VOB2MPG and see what titles are included. Then extract the title you want to convert to an MPG file, and convert that with AutoGK
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can someone please help????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What do you want ?

To begin with, downloaded DVDs seem to be a constant issue. There have been a lot of posts whereby someone has downloaded a DVD, unpacked it, and found it corrupt or poorly authored.

From what you have posted, it appears to be a single titleset DVD, however a titleset may contain several titles (hence the designation "set").

That said, none of the numbers add up. The 4 rar archive files total some 9.6 GB, which is larger than a dual layer disc. The extracted ISO you have posted an image of shows less that 4 GB of data. From what I can see, this probably corresponds to the first RAR file. So does this mean the 4 RAR files represent 4 different ISOs ?

The VOB2MPG route will tell you very quickly if what you is corrupt garbage by letting you see the titles in the disc, and allowing you to extract just the title you want to convert. If it extracts correctly, it should convert without any problems, so just convert the MPG file. If it doesn't extract then the disc structure is corrupt and wont convert anyway.

Aside from actually coming around to your house and doing it for you, I am not sure what other help you need.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I watched all 4 dvds and they play fine. Wouldnt that indicate they should convert correctly?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The rar file is made up of 4 seperate iso files for a total of 8gb. Each iso file...since the rar file is 4 dvds....is appx. 2gb.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try VOB2MPG ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Guns....I am doing as you said with the VOB2MPG program. it is extracting as we speak. What is the next step if in fact the extraction is good?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will use the extracted mpg file and convert that with autogk......yes?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Guns....your idea worked perfectly. What is the best format quality wise? Mpeg....or avi?
    Quote Quote  
  20. If you're planning on using AutoGK then you're kind of limited as it only produces XviD or DivX AVIs. The best format quality wise is to leave it untouched.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The conversion with VOB2MPG worked perfectly. The AutoGK failed 5 times in a row. I still have no idea why it wouldnt convert the iso file to avi.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There could be issues with timecodes or something else in the VOBs. VOB2MPG just takes the video and audio streams from the VOBs, and packages them into an MPG container. Doing this may be enough to fix whatever stream issues were preventing AutoGK form processing the original VOBs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  23. AutoGK wasn't processing VOBs, but an ISO with VOBs inside. Even worse, it seems the DVD was divided among 4 ISOs, only one of which was mounted at a time. I have no idea why you'd even expect AutoGK to work with that kind of input. With the VOBs on the hard drive as I suggested in my first post (or now converted to MPG), it should work fine.
    Quote Quote