VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    During a firmware instalation my DVD went off, now it displays "00000", is there a way to do a factory reset or a way to fix this problem
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    While the machine is powered on you want to hold down both the CH up and CH down (on the main unit) for at least 5 seconds.
    This will do a factory reset, but if you're firmware is corrupted I'm not sure if it's going to help you.
    Note I've read you want to burn firmware updates to CDs and not DVDs, not sure if this could have caused your problems?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks...alerady done it and did not work, by the way the firmware as burned into a CD...
    Any other suggestion/advice on how to fix it will be apppreciated...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you can find an older version of the firmware you can try to load that, but if you lost power during a firmware upgrade, sometimes the player is destroyed. That is one of the risks that can happen during firmware upgrades - if the upgrade is interrupted, the upgrade will be corrupted and it can make the player useless. You could try to get the player repaired and get new firmware in it, but that will probably cost as much as a new player.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, any idea of where to find and older version of the firmware
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi everyone,s orry for bringing something quite old once again, but I am having some problems with my DMR-EZ25, and I was wondering, does anyone know where I can get the firmware or any updates for it???

I've read around that you can burn it onto a DVD and load it up to the machine. I've try looking in the official Panasonic websites but i cant seem to find my model anymore, I assume that it has definately been discontinued, thus I dont know where I can obtain it
    Quote Quote  
  7. anyone at all may i ask?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If ... nobody can help you ... you could sell it on Ebay for parts ... the DVD Burner itself ... could be what someone is looking for.

I use a EZ27 to record stuff off my Directv HR10 250 ... and we [my wife and I] get a little worried as to whether we will work it to death.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rick09 View Post
    thanks...alerady done it and did not work, by the way the firmware as burned into a CD...
    Any other suggestion/advice on how to fix it will be apppreciated...
    Here are two one on Ebay ... I bought my EZ27 on Ebay and two EZ17s on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-DMR-EZ27-DVD-Recorder-Digital-Tuner-/290608313117?pt...item43a99af31d ... no remote ... current bid is ... 51 bucks

and another one ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-DMR-EZ27-DVD-Recorder-/250891380334?pt=DVD_Players_R...item3a6a4aa66e ... with remote ... current bid is ... 53 bucks
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Undead Sega View Post
    Hi everyone,s orry for bringing something quite old once again, but I am having some problems with my DMR-EZ25, and I was wondering, does anyone know where I can get the firmware or any updates for it???
    Undead Sega has a EZ-25(not to be confused with the EZ-27 or EZ-28 we have in the US). I did several searches and found some reference to a EZ-25 on AVforums.com(a UK based forum) but couldn't fine a recent firmware link.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-recorders-media/
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=13187277
    Quote Quote  
  11. Well my DVD player as been going on for years without hardly any problems, it's just I got the U81 problem and I tried everything, and I really do think that the problem is due to a corrupt microprocessor. After doing this and that, I manage to get the player to stay alittle stable at having the clock just flashing 00:00 all the time but it crashes everytime I need to try and do a Auto-Setup restart, so I'm assuming that the only next thing for me to try and do is update or flash a firmware because through the Setup menus, the DVB version states v0.00 (really bad huh?). I'm not going to sell it.

The closest I got for the firmware at the moment was this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panasonic-DMR-EX75-EX85-EZ25-EZ45-FIRMWARE-/290610418629?pt=...item43a9bb13c5

someone selling a disc for my (and other) players. Surely if this person got hold of it on a disc, it can still be obtainable???
    Quote Quote  
  12. anyone at all may i ask?
    Quote Quote