VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD given to me of a performance I did on a ship. Unfortunately they did not have any effects on the audio so it sounds terrible. I would like to rip out the audio track, run it through a reverb unit, then add it back to the original video of the DVD so it sounds like it should. There is only 1 chapter in the original and I would also like to add chapters so I can find other performers without having to go though the entire DVD. I will gladly purchase any program, s, that will accomplish this. Thanks in advance..
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use pgcdemux to demultiplex the video and audio tracks from the dvd. Fix the audio file. Last author a new dvd from the old video file and the new file using for example Tmpgenc Authoring works or Gui for DVD Author(free).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. Quick question sir, will the audio file be a wav or mp3 file once it is demultiplexed?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by arcelton
    will the audio file be a wav or mp3 file once it is demultiplexed?
    DVDs don't use MP3.

Either Wave or AC3, possibly MP2.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I successfully changed the audio file and have the right effects on it. It is now an mp3 file. I need to get it back to an mpa since thats what the file was after demuxing. I see lots of programs that say the convert mp3 to mpa but dont see that option. IS mpa known by a different name?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I successfully changed the audio file and have the right effects on it. It is now an mp3 file. I need to get it back to an mpa since thats what the file was after demuxing. I see lots of programs that say the convert mp3 to mpa but dont see that option. IS mpa known by a different name?
    "mpa" is a non-specific suffix. Some programs give it to all the audio files they create, regardless of actual format

Anyway, for a DVD you need AC3.
    As I said in my last post.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use Xvid4PSP 5.03 for my audio work. It will convert your mp3 to ac3 (among others) and normalize while doing so. A somewhat confusing (at first) app that does many things well.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i finally have a good ac3 file that I now need to join to my video file to create a file i can watch and listen to on media player. and i would also like to make a dvd out of it. My problem is finding a program that merges the audio and video files back together. kinda the reverse of demuxing. any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    kinda the reverse of demuxing. any suggestions?
    That's called "muxing" (multiplexing").
    See the tools page: https://www.videohelp.com/tools
    In particular: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-de-multiplexers

ImagoMPEG-Muxer is good if you just want to make an MPEG you can watch on your PC.

Making a DVD is a bit more complex, that's called "Authoring".
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/authoring-dvd

You can make a very simple DVD, no menu, from MPEG video + AC3 audio using ReJig.
    If you're more ambitious, GuiforDVDAuthor lets you add menus and many other features.

You'll then need a burning app to burn the resulting files (a VIDEO_TS fileset) to DVD, use ImgBurn.

Actually, some media players will combine separate video and audio files on the fly and play them together, but they usually can't seek and go out of sync easily. But useful for a quick preview.
    Quote Quote  
  10. dear AlanHK,will gui fo rdvd author accept video and audio seperately or it will accept only the multiplexed material?? thanks have a nice day.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sumeshkri
    dear AlanHK,will gui fo rdvd author accept video and audio seperately or it will accept only the multiplexed material?? thanks have a nice day.
    Either. But preferable to give it separate files, it will mux them itself.
    Quote Quote