VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello all im having a problem with a megui script im not sure though it seems that when I am setting up my x264 encoder with advanced settings the encoder errors and i check the logs and it says :

[Error] Log for job7 (video, VTS_01_1.avs -> VTS_01_1.mkv)
    -[Information] [9/23/2009 11:00:14 PM] Started handling job
    -[Information] [9/23/2009 11:00:16 PM] Preprocessing
    -[NoImage] Job commandline: "C:\Program Files (x86)\megui\tools\x264\x264.exe" --profile high --preset veryslow --bitrate 937 --thread-input --output "E:\VTS_01_1.mkv" "E:\VTS_01_1.avs"
    -[Information] [9/23/2009 11:00:16 PM] Encoding started
    -[Error] An error occurred: x264 [error]: invalid preset: veryslow
    -[NoImage] Standard output stream
    -[NoImage] Standard error stream
    -[Information] [9/23/2009 11:00:16 PM] Job completed

I also get the same type of error with lookahed frames

I was digging around in the scripts but couldn't find what i think im looking for does anyone have any ideas??
    Quote Quote  
  2. -[Error] An error occurred: x264 [error]: invalid preset: veryslow
    what x264 version are you using?

presets were only added recently ~r1200 or later

You can replace the x264.exe with a newer build manually
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've been having exactly the same problem recently, and was finally able to find a fix today. Go to this post on Doom9: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=130364&page=117 and scroll down almost to the bottom of the page to a post by Jeeb dated 16th of September at 23:57 and download "x264 r1259 32bit". Take this version of x264.exe and use it to replace the one in your megui folder (...\megui\tools\x264\x264.exe"), and it should work OK. Dunno why this hasn't been updated in megui yet ...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the reply guys i am using the x264 that megui downloads its 1183 jeeb's patch i will try the new one when my encode job is done and post my results thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, my version of megui also shows that the current x264 version is 1183 jeeb's patch. The version I linked to above is referred to as "r1259", so I assume it's a much more recent version. I still find it odd that it doesn't seem to be on the update servers for megui, especially since the preset slider in the x264 options won't work with all settings (ie. veryslow) using the 1183 release.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    awesome that seems to have fixed my problems thanks alot
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    add this site
    http://kurtnoise.free.fr/MeGUI/
    to development servers list in megui and select development servers to get latest available updates
    Quote Quote