VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I rarely run into these problems. Got the complete set of a movie. They had 2 mirrors,, and each one, I downloaded just to be safe and came out to be the same totals in size and slices.

Oddly, I had this error in 3 out of the 6 chapters to this series. I was able to play the files, and checked at the very beginning and the very end to see if there was any problem with the player or video playing, and to see if the ending credits got cut off or something and it appears complete to me, but I don't know why I got those errors.

I'm using 7zip, so I don't see a repair option for fixing these RAR files.

Here's a snapshot of the errors. I suppose some would say if it works, then just ignore it, but I'm picky with these being collections, and it just seems strange to get only half of them with these errors, even though the end result is that they all play.

What causes this? What does it mean? How do you fix it?

Does that risk losing anything compared to getting another download set by a different uploader or author somewhere else?

What does it mean "file is broken"?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you'd need a par set to repair the file, assuming they weren't zipped up broken to begin with.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have a tutorial on that ?

I tried to use the repair tool from winrar and it ended up not making a difference.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Check to see if par files are part of the file download,best to read a tutorial(google) on quickpar and how to use use par files.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's no par file present from checking. I guess I have to dump this.

A better way I suppose is to just get any video files and get subtitles separately, instead of trying to find one with hardcoded subs.

Is there a thread here on looking up subtitles that match the video source or configuring it so that it is synced through a standalone dvd player that can read subtitle files?
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mike69
    I tried to use the repair tool from winrar and it ended up not making a difference.
    And I tried a so-called Rar Recovery Toolkit (not the one you mentioned), but it also did nothing . . . at least on the files I was trying to fix. That is a downside of using RAR. If you had an alternate download source, that might be your best bet.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote