VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some DVDs that I have tried backing up recently. I have a Mac and purchased Aimersoft DVD Copy. It will read through the CSS protection and create a copied disc that is readable by my MacBook. However, when I put the discs in my standalone DVD player, they do not work. ... Well, most of them do not work. Let me specify. I bought two boxes of DVD+R DL discs from a local store. They are both Memorex DVD+R DL 8x 8.5GB 240 minute discs. It appears as though the two boxes have different disc prints, meaning maybe they came from different factories or production runs, but they are supposed to be the same disc. Anyway, I have one disc burnt from one of the boxes and several from the other. The one disc that I burned alone from one of the boxes will work in my standalone DVD player. It is book typed as a DVD+R DL and all of the stats are exactly the same of the discs I burned from the other box. However, all of the discs burned from the other box are unreadable by my standalone DVD player. Yet, the weird thing is that they are readable in my MacBook. I thought maybe it was a book typing problem, but like I said above, the one that works in my standalone is also book typed as a DVD+R DL. Is the problem here the media? And if it is the media, how can I reliably burn the DL discs in the future without ending up with a bunch of coasters? Please advise. Thanks in advance!