VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good Day,

I tried ribbot and obtained all the necessary attachments yet it fails to work or create a file.

I think MAKEMKV worked well but i still ended up with a 27gig mkv file quality superb yet no 5.1 surround or anyform of digital sound.

The size i think is due to multiple langauges included is there a way to just selct english.

Any other suggestions of what to use will be welcome thank you.

The future is written and unwritten every second of the day.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you choose audio track in makemkv?

But makemkv might not work perfect with all blu-ray, then you can instead try clown_bd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now that you metion it I cannot recall , I was busy with the first one and it was rather very late early morning hours for me before I was set up to run the first try. Thank You for the FEEDBACK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tried ribbot and obtained all the necessary attachments yet it fails to work or create a file.
    Would be nice to know which guide you are following then may be I can help a bit. With out knowing what you are doing it's hard to identify the problem.

I think MAKEMKV worked well but i still ended up with a 27gig mkv file quality superb yet no 5.1 surround or anyform of digital sound.
    What format is the audio in & which software are you trying to play the file in. Some of the freeware stuff is unable to play e-AC3 MPC for one, perhaps with some additional tweaking it can but I have not explored this I down convert e-AC3 to AC3.

I've been using Ripbot the past few days to convert some of HD content for use on my HTPC and i'm loving it, once i get it set up properly that is .

1. Use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip movie.
    2. eac3to And More GUI only to conver movie to MKV & to convert e-ac3 audio to AC3
    3. Use supRead to convert subtitles to srt subtitles.
    4. Use ripbot to convert files to 1080P MKV.

The conversion process takes a while just under 4 hrs for a two passes. At about 2gig per hour i can't see any perceived quality loss on my 52" TV.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dragon Keeper,

In terms of guides i stick to simple and fast method being new to HD Arena I were trying out a few things it seems you go through a relatively huge process.

1. Rip anydvdhd "the one solution that works everytime"
    2. MakeMkv one time run after that i got the MKV file to play on my WDHD "Western Digital" player in full 1080p recently did the firmware update as well.

I realized there are a number people converting to all sorts of formats for play stations and so on.

So in terms of the 2 step process above I get excellent picture quality. Baldrick pointed out i need to check that i select the correct sound track which i hope will solve the surround problem.
    Quote Quote