VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This maybe a slight oversight on my end so apologies in advance. I am wanting a very simple and straightforward way to have a static menu (with thumbnails for each title) for a blu ray compilation.

I have 3 blu ray folders, movies only-BDMV and Certificate (already encoded individually-total of 16gb) that i want to put on a single 25gb disc. The progs i mentioned do a 're' encode and although option is there for a menu, i cannot seem to get the menu to be the 1st play action. it always comes up after the very last title as played and literally for just 2-3 seconds and disappears. There are no thumbnails on it either. Should i have encoded the files all at once in the same progs?

I play the folders with VLC media player.

Any suggestions on what i am doing wrong; i am hoping this is a very simple problem. Many Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Addition: I did try adding all files into progs all at once and still no menu was visible for 1st action.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can't get the menu working if playing with regular video player (like VLC). You need to use Blu-ray/AVCHD player (software or hardware).
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have compiled a few titles now with MultiAVCHD. It all seems fine and ready to burn to disc. The folders i have in my compilation are: bdmv, certificate and AVCHD; along with 2 files ('details' and 'multiavchd').

Now to burning to disc. I am going to use Imgburn and set UDF to 2.50. Do i burn just the BDMV and Certificate folders or do i also add the AVCHD folder as well?? This is because it seems to have the chapter thumbnails i think.

many Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Correction: Folder is called HDAVCTN. Apologies- its been a long day!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Update: Burnt all 3 folders (BDMV, Certificate and HDAVCTN) to disc and it all seems to work ok on my PS3 with a simple thumbnail menu and then thumbnails for chapters. It took just 14mins to produce a blu-ray compatible file 16gb in size-not bad. Excellent work for author of MultiAVCHD.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks

edit: About the HDAVCTN folder - it is not required. It stores all title/chapter thumbnails for the current compilation so the next time you import it in multiAVCHD menu creation will be faster (using these existing images, instead of extracting them again).
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote