VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello there,

I have a "problem" with finding out how to get Windows Explorer to display duration of MPEG files.

When I go to View/Details (in Explorer), and then View/Choose Details in that list I have "Duration" which does work on *.avi or *.wmv files (but not for MPEG).

While I was doing something on laptop I found out that there is a "Duration (MPEG)" option at the bottom of "Choose Details". When I enable that option Windows Exlorer does show Duration! (also bitrate, resolution, etc.)
    The only difference is that Windows Explorer still has two collumns, one "Duration" for other formats, and one "Duration (MPEG)" for MPEG files.

I was trying to find out how did I get that option and to enable it on desktop PC but with no success, there is no "Duration (MPEG) option there. I guess that I got that option with some DVD converting software or something but don't know which one

As for codecs, I have installed same codecs for both computers, they both play files in Windows Media Player.

Do you have any solution for this?
    (I will upload screenshots, when I get to my laptop)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the screenshot

Quote Quote