VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I was looking to purchase an LG Blu-ray player which supports MKV file playback. Can I just burn the MKV files to dvd for playback on this player or do the files have to run through the usb media connection. Their website isn't specific
    as to what will play directly off of disc. Any help would be appreciated.

The only other thing I could think of was using TxMuxer to create a AVCHD dvd. If so will there be quality loss?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1. Read/Search in http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1124111 . But I have only seen reports about mkv through the usb connection.

2. Well if you have to SHRINK it to one DVD you will be losing quality.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have no personal experience with this player, but based on past experience with DVD and Blu Ray players you should be aware that typically standalone players don't support everything. If the resolution of your MKV file is not 1280x720 or 1920x1080 or 720x480 it may not play. Some video encoding options are probably not supported and quite possibly some audio options won't be supported either. Generally speaking media players such as the Western Digital HDTV and similar players are much less fussy about what they will play.
    Quote Quote