VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Basically what I am wondering is can I convert a video file from 60 fps down to 30 fps without it looking well... terrible.

Here is why I have 60 fps files. They are from Fraps I use 60 fps because I still like playing WoW while capturing video at a nice frame rate. If I can't really make it happen thats cool, but if I can this seemed like a decent place to ask.

Here is an example of what the video looks like at 60 FPS

In my opinion this looks very nice and I'd like to keep as close to that as possible.

Here is what happens when I make it 30 FPS when exporting in Vegas

The video starts to look very blurry? or just bad where there is movement on the screen. This is what I'd like to try to avoid if at all possible.

Also, I have tried reducing the resolution while keeping the same aspect ration on the video but it also makes it look terrible, not sure if that is normal .

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Pat
    Quote Quote  
  2. It looks like you are encoding interlaced instead of progressive
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll check that out. I thought I had it set to progressive but I prob monkey'd around with settings and screwed it up.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That definitely made it look a lot better. Thanks for catching that.

Now, anyone know if I can resize it without it looking terrible?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Resize from 1920x1080 => 1280x720 and it should still look decent if you give enough bitrate
    Quote Quote  
  6. 1280x720, Lanczos3 in VirtualDub

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help. I actually tried the 720 video on a different monitor and it doesn't look too bad at all. Guess it was only because my monitors resolution is so high

Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote