VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any way to do both ? I did some reading & it seems possible in Virtual Dub Mod but Virtual Dub Mod is missing some filters I need to get the Video the way I want it so is there any way to encode both passes at the same time in regular Virtual Dub ? I have the bitrate I need & all of that to get the size that I want but I do not want to spend two hours on first pass just to then do 2nd pass for god knows how long
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by OrchestraAndChoir
    Is there any way to do both ? I did some reading & it seems possible in Virtual Dub Mod but Virtual Dub Mod is missing some filters I need to get the Video the way I want it so is there any way to encode both passes at the same time in regular Virtual Dub ? I have the bitrate I need & all of that to get the size that I want but I do not want to spend two hours on first pass just to then do 2nd pass for god knows how long
    Not sure what you mean.

You queue the 1st pass, then add the second, then you can run it sequentially at once

You have to use 2passes if you need a specific filesize or bitrate

If you encode to a lossless intermediate first (e.g. lagarith, huffyuv, ffv1, etc..), then use that as input for the 2passes, you can speed it up if your filters are CPU heavy (because you only filter it once instead of twice)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmmm
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I added to job control a video with first pass settings then tried adding second pass & it still said statsfilenot found ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by OrchestraAndChoir
    I added to job control a video with first pass settings then tried adding second pass & it still said statsfilenot found ?
    Are you using xvid?

It's slightly different dialog boxes for older versions of vdub, are you using 1.9.5 or newer?

Did you specify "twopass - 1st pass" for the 1st pass, file=>queue batch operation=>save as avi

and "twopass - 2nd pass" for the 2nd?, file=>queue batch operation=>save as avi

File=>job control =>start
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using Xvid & VirtualDub 1.8.0 & just downloaded 1.9.5 is there anything I should be aware of when encoding both avis ? Or does it do one big avi & just both passes ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you are using an older version the instructions are slightly different
    http://wiki.digital-digest.com/index.php/VirtualDub:_Two_Pass_Encoding

is there anything I should be aware of when encoding both avis ? Or does it do one big avi & just both passes ?
    If you're not doing the lossless intermediate, then just use the instructions above.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will give it a try later & post here the results
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What Bitrate Calculator is the best to get the desired size ? My first encode with Virtual Dub went over size a bit I had bitrate set for 699mb but the final output was 703mb & yes I had the audio set up right as well
    Quote Quote  
  10. How do you add to queue in normal virtualdub? I want to do this too but I cannot figure out how to get jobs in job control. For the last decade or so I have been using vdubMOD which has a checkbox to
    "add job for l;ater" option. How to do now on normal virtualdub?
    If you want to see what I've done with my videos,
    check out my video work on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/user/duhmez/
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VirtualDub 1.10.1

File > Queue batch operation > Save as AVI..
    Give the file a name.
    Repeat as required.
    When ready to process, File > Job Control..
    Quote Quote