VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have mozilla firefox and when I press ctrl+T to open a new tab then I get a blank page, is it possible to get the home page when I press ctrl-T?

Also when I log in one forum, after I add my user name and password, I press log in, and then I can see that I was logged in, but after the forum takes me automatically to the board I get logged out without doing nothing, any idea why?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122 ... install and restart firefox and enjoy.

As for the second its possible the issue is with the specific forum being used ... ask them to look into it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't want to install Tab Mix Plus just for that feature (although I'd recommend Tab Mix Plus as well), the New Tab Homepage extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/777 ) might also work.

A few other tab-related extensions also have a feature like this, though I can't name them offhand. I think a few of the configuration extensions (one or two) may also allow you to set it.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Bjs
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122 ... install and restart firefox and enjoy.

As for the second its possible the issue is with the specific forum being used ... ask them to look into it.
    Thanks for the link.
    Regarding the other issue, I've tried using others browsers and it works ok, only mozilla makes this problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What are your cookie settings, and do you have Javascript enabled?

Do you have NoScript installed? You might try disabling the extension, rebooting, and then seeing if the problem still persists with those forums. I used to have similar problems with Sourceforge forums and addons.mozilla.org comments, but I don't really know how I resolved it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thats what I said when doing IT cert III ... browsers will act mostly in the same manner but all have unique issues ... which is why I used <center> even thou it's depreciated , lolll.

Try in firefox to clear private data cache ... maybe something stored here has become corrupted ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bjs
    OR...

simply "move house to" K-Meleon // Seamonkey
    ( the faithful successors to Netscape Communicator )
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks guys for the tips. I cleared the private data cache.

One other thing, my Mozilla Firefox browser is crashing quite often, do you have any ideas why?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you updated any extensions, recently?

Is it crashing on specific pages? Also, try creating (temporarily) a new default profile (with no extra extensions) and see if FF still crashes on those same pages with the other profile.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Ai Haibara
    Have you updated any extensions, recently?

Is it crashing on specific pages? Also, try creating (temporarily) a new default profile (with no extra extensions) and see if FF still crashes on those same pages with the other profile.
    It crashes only with some pages and when it is fully loaded...
    Quote Quote