VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All HD camera that I saw have picture twitching. Look like optical image stabilization mechanism cant compensate hi-res hd picture. Typical example is recording driving with camera mounted to window. My G7 canon digital camera can compensate this shaking much better than this hd cameras and picture is much smoother (640x480/30fps, mjpeg). HD pictures from hd camcorderds acts "slow" with no feeling for speed.

Another effects is that moving objects have own shadow. Look light poles and signals in next movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRyxmot4tFQ

Is this problem codec, power cpu in camcorders or something else?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think the image stabilizer was locked onto the dashboard, not the view outside the window. What it would have looked like if it had stabilized on the view outside:

sample.avi

I don't know what you mean by shadows on moving objects. I didn't see anything like that. A little motion blur and over sharpening halos maybe -- it's hard to tell with low bitrate youtube encodings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    motion blur is my "shadow". sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Use a faster shutter speed to reduce motion blur. Are you shooting 30p? Shooting 60p will get you smoother motion.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    60fps is better, but results is not good when resample back to 25fps or 30fps for online video or dvd.

I think that today camcorders cpu power is not enough for this high resolution pictures.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    if your cam have an optical image stabilization system you must remember that these systems are done for compensating vibrations or movements of human beings, so when you are inside an object subject to high frequencies like an helicopter or a car where high frequency vibrations happens these systems just do not work and if they start to resonate they can get the image even worst.
    Remember also that HD video involve an very high use of data processing, low light conditions force to delay time to acquiere frames and video loss quality.
    Quote Quote