VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I have this bluray I want to make an mkv out of it, using x264.exe -

I have made several other backup's like this but this disc is really annoying me.
    copies fine to hdd and I end up with the 20gb m2ts file, I make avs script dont want any resize or any cropping.
    When I start the 1st pass encode the x264.exe sometime runs to 0.6% completion and then just suddently stops, no error given.
    Sometimes I make it to 6.8% and it stops, no error given.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?
    never happend to me before when making others. I do all the stuff the excat same as I have done before but still it just stops all of the sudden

Hope someone has some idea's what it could be
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. What x264.exe version? Try a different build, some people reported problems with r1251
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    What x264.exe version? Try a different build, some people reported problems with r1251
    oh okay yeah iv been using 1251 but havnt had problem with it other then with this one disc, have made a few others with 1251.
    But i'll try with an older one
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try running a memory check. Sudden changes like that may be related to a failed RAM module. Memtest 86 should work for you. http://www.memtest86.com/

If not, then if it's a newer BD, maybe a decryption problem. I use AnyDVD HD and rip to my HDD for problematic discs. Then use tsMuxeR to select the main video and the desired audio track. I use them for the conversion.

I've encountered a few BDs that have more than a few problems with the conversions, but none of them have stopped as you describe.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have solved my problem, had to index it using VC1 indexer then I can work with it from there..
    Thx for all the input!

Go ahead delete this thread.
    Quote Quote