VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I am new to the forums and video editing. I recently purchased an Black Magic Intensity Pro and I am trying to record and stream live video using encoder 2. The plan is to capture PC game play and stream it live however I have hooked up the Intensity Card and plugged it in to a 9800GTX gfx card, Cloned the monitors and yet I am not seeing anything show up in encoder 2 I am sure I am missing a setting somewhere so I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what could be wrong. There is no documentation with the Capture card to explain set-up this way so I thought I would ask here. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The Blackmagic cards only record certain resolutions and refresh rates. You need to set your graphics card to output the right format:

http://blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/techspecs/
    HD Format Support 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 720p50 and 720p59.94
    That would be: 1920x1080i and 1280x720p.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I changed my gfx card to 1920 x 1080 and still nothing. Any other ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  4. 1920x1080i? The card doesn't record 1920x1080p -- what most graphics cards output. Go to the Nvidia control panel and set the output to 1080i:
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I found it and set it to 1080i my computer asks if the settings are ok it will stay for a few seconds then it reverts to PC settings at 1920 x 1080 native. Tried this quite a few times. Thanks for the help thus far I am getting there lol.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Tucker19
    Ok I found it and set it to 1080i my computer asks if the settings are ok it will stay for a few seconds then it reverts to PC settings at 1920 x 1080 native. Tried this quite a few times. Thanks for the help thus far I am getting there lol.
    This is a safety procedure to keep you from setting a resolution/refresh rate your monitor doesn't support -- it would be impossible to go back to the previous setting if you can't see what's on the screen.

The computer changes the resolution to the new setting then asks you to press OK (or something like that) with a dialog box. If you see the dialog and press OK it keeps the new setting. If can't see the dialog (because the setting you chose isn't supported) you can't see the dialog to press OK. After 10 or 15 seconds the resolution is then changed back to the previous setting, saving your ass.

So just press the OK (or whatever) button.
    Quote Quote