VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    or not

I made a HD-BURN disk that plays with no problem on my computer, but, when I try to play it on a DVD player I get either an Unrecognizable or Incomparable error message.

In fact, on my APEX, any disk I tried to play after tring to play the HD-BURN disk was taged as Unrecognizable until I turn the unit off and on again

I have read some of the other message about thses disk, but, I just want a clear answer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'm not a nero user but if it's making an HD as in high def disc on dvdr than it would have to be played in a blu-ray player not a SD dvd player, they only play normal 720x480 video.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some information on HD-BURN for others reading this, that I found: http://www.digital-sanyo.com/BURN-Proof/HD-BURN/index.html
    However, the writer/drive has to support writing and reading the disc - and last I heard, few did.

Since this is a non-standard way of writing to a CD, it's unlikely most set-top DVD players will recognize any discs created this way. Not sure about Sanyo's players, though.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. HD-BURN only works in Sanyo/Optorite writers but they are out of business now, I had an Optorite writer and made a few HD-BURN CD's but none of them worked in anything but my writer. HD-BURN was a good idea at the time but it was obsolete when DVD media became affordable.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    However, the writer/drive has to support writing and reading the disc - and last I heard, few did.
    Well, I burn a HD-BURN disk usinng a "regular" Philips CD-R and my CyberDrive CD burner with it seems no problem.

And both it and my BENQ DVD burner both "see" it as a DVD.

Yet, something like DVD decripter don't see the disk as a DVD or even if anything is on it.

However, it also seems that the second of the 2 videos on the disk has some kind of problem in the middle of it since the video will freeze at one point. However, Both burners WILL play the menu page and the first (shorter) video with no problem. I am just wondering, especially since you write that there very few such units, that did I "luck out" by having both of my burners be able to use HD-BURN?

Plus, can it be since there is a problem with one of the videos that it could be the reason why "regular" DVD players can't read HD-BURN disk?

Or that I did not use my DVD burner to burn it?

Or, as you kind os implied, HD is dead
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, the DVD players won't recognize it, for the most part, because it's a nonstandard CD format. The data is written to the CD in a way that most of the players won't recognize.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote