VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a VIO POV 1.5 camera which produces AVI NTSC 720x480 30 frames/sec DIVX files.

I want to edit these files and put audio tracks in it.

Then I want to convert them without minimal loss of quality to:
    • 1. DVD PAL viewable at all DVD players
      2. Windows Media Player (10, 11 and 12) without the need of any extra codecs

Questions:
    • 1. What's the best editing software and conversion software for both options?
      2. What file format, video codec and audio codec I need to choose for the output of the editing software at option 1?
      3. What file format, video codec and audio codec I need to choose for option 2?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very few, if any, editors will like working with Divx files. I would encode them to a lossless format such as huffyuv or lagarith, which would then allow you to work in most editors (Premiere, Vegas etc)

I would not try to convert 30fps video back to 25 fps for PAL, as the results will not be pretty. The majority of PAL players will happily play back NTSC video, so you are better of authoring an NTSC DVD. Mpeg-2 is the codec you need encode to. There are dozens of guides and tools for this. If you want to do a little reading on the pros and cons of 30 fps to 25 fps conversion, have a read of this : https://forum.videohelp.com/topic372831.html

WMV is the codec to encode to for Windows Media Player playback. You can either output from your editor, or use Windows Media Encoder.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unnecessary. PAL players can play NTSC.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote