VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure this is the right thread, but I have no clue where else to post. I'm trying to get an effect done in Adobe Premiere CS3 but it's not working.

I have a clip and I want it to fade to black and white (e.g; no saturation) at a certain point near the middle of it.. and then a few seconds later fade back into colour. How do I do that?

Also, whenever I import a movie from my camera to Sony Vegas Pro, only the sound appears in the time line, not the image.. why?

Thanks.

P.S: I'm using a Nikon D90 to film my videos in the highest resolution possible.
    Quote Quote  
  2. In PP , you can use the color balance (hls) effect, the saturation part of the "hls"

Set a keyframe for when you want it to start to fade (value=0), advance in the timeline , set a keyframe for when you want it fully desaturated (value = -100), then advance in the timeline, set a keyframe for when you want it to resaturate back to normal (value=0). You can fine tune the transitions by moving keyframes or right clicking them for interpolation options

Use mediainfo on your file for clues as to why it won't import into vegas
    Quote Quote