VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know how to capture streaming video from the Youtube.com website ? I want to be able to play back the recording using Windows Media Player. I am running Windows XP SP3. Please let me know if its possible and if yes the easiest method on going about doing this.

Thanks in advance

Victor43
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    In the search box on the top of this page choose "all forums" and then type "capture youtube"

You will see lots of results with plenty of suggestions.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think that these stream capture applications record the contents of the data stream. The alternative is to capture what is on your monitor as it is being displayed.

Recording from the Screen

Many recorders record web video from data streams. The following ones record what is being shown on the monitor screen in real time. So they provide a more or less certain way to capture anything from the screen from an area that you select.

CamStudio -- open source

Ashampoo Snap -- so cheap that anyone can afford it

Camtasia -- extremely expensive

.. and probably others that I have not come across..

They all work. Practise and experiment with the video and audio settings before you do anything important.. What you see and hear is what you get. You can get remarkably good picture quality (at least with 'Snap') if you use a fast computer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    later.. I have discovered ' http://www.kickyoutube.com/ ' from a reference on this site and I throughly recommend it.
    It only works with YouTube but you need no extra software and you can choose between several formats including high definition :- very good for collecting tutorials.
    It seems too good to be true. If anyone knows of any drawbacks, spyware or whatever, please post the information .
    Quote Quote