VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

This is my first post so if i am repeating the post or at the wrong thread please pardon me for the same. Here is the problem I have a passion 7300 dvd player which supports USB and I am able to play avi format DVDRIP without any issues.

I download alot from net and get different format of files like flv,wmv,mkv I want to what the best free software to use to convert them to the best quality avi format so that I can play them easily on the my dvd player.

I checked alot of software but i am looking for the easiest,free and best quality softwares that I can use to convert them. Any help and suggestions would be more than welcome as it alot necessary for me to get them working.

Thanks in advance for your responses
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you gimme more details for the same like what settings to use and does it convert all different format videos...thanks for answering but if someone own a divx dvd player and has gone through same issues and can provide some details info would be more than helpful..

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Format: select AVI (and choose XviD codec)
    For video and audio settings: higher bitrate = better quality. (video min. 1000kbps, audio min. 160)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    For best results, avoid the problems in this sticky:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic352457.html

I have not used Xvid4PSP but my guess is that it probably doesn't use any of those problematic settings.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi thanks alot i converted some non working videos and they work absolutely well thanks alot for your efforst....just one more question how can convert flv to avi xvid using xvid4psp and does it joins flv files as well?
    Quote Quote