VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Right now I have a few including TMPGenc Plus, TMPGenc DVD Author, and Showbiz. I love Showbiz because it allows me to edit the video and output it to many different formats. I just downloaded the trial version of Showbiz 2 and love the pan & zoom feature for still images but they took away some of the great feature from the first Showbiz like motion titles and the ability to add your own effects, which acted like an overlay except it's behind the video.

Showbiz 2 is $99 but I don't want to buy it if it only has the one feature that I really want, & is missing some great features from the earlier version, so i'm looking for another program that will do everything I want.
    Allow editing of many different formats.
    Allows the use of Overlays or puts the video on a custom background.
    Pan & Zoom on still images.
    2 audio tracks.
    Outputs to many different formats.

Any ideas on something not to expensive that fits my needs?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Vegas Movie Studio Platinum you can get for around $60-$70 , sometimes there are promotions and you can get it <$50
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm testing Cyberlink Power Director as it got a Gold review but I can't figure out how to put my video onto a custom background image or use overlays. Their is a PIP function but it doesn't seem to do what I want to do.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cyberlink Power Director - i've used version 5 through 8 and they have useful features listed but tend to be unstable and crash frequently. i'd second poisondeathray's suggestion.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Vegas Movie Studio Platinum you can get for around $60-$70 , sometimes there are promotions and you can get it <$50
    Yes it is a good solid NLE but its mpeg2 output options are stupid, I don't understand why more people don't harp about this terrible limitation? Do people actually USE this or just regurgitate other folks' opinions?

Having looked at all options in this "consumer price range" I concluded that Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus is the best bang for the buck, it uses the Mainconcept mpeg2 encoder like Vegas and all the others, but has full parameter control.
    Quote Quote