VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently entered the wonderful world of HDTV when I bought a Samsung LN37B530. I then purchased a WD TV HD Media Player which was simply AMAZING! However, for some reason I can no longer connect my TV with the Media Player through an HDMI port! The TV simply says there "no signal". There are 3 HDMI ports on my TV: none will work with the WD Player. I also have 2 HDMI cables - a 6' and a 10': neither works with the WD. Both cables & all 3 ports work with my blu ray player. I did have a 4' HDMI cable which worked with the Media Player, but I traded that away. I have updated the firmware for both the TV & the WD player - no joy. The WD Player works with the RCA composite Jacks, but really, what's the point? Is there some limit on the length of HDMI cable that the WD Player will be able to accomodate? Or is it my TV?
    Thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. You may want to contact WD for support.
    ktnwin - PATIENCE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Had the same problem

I connected via composite
    Changed the HDMI settings to the lowest
    Reconnected the HDMI
    then the signal came through.
    Then I manually upped the quality one tick at a time.
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I had a similar problem to stiltman's and basically did the same thing. HDMI is a 'handshake' protocol and both units have to agree or it doesn't work. Check your WD/TV settings.

I use a 45 foot HDMI cable to my projector, so cable length is likely not an issue for you. If all that fails, then maybe the WD HDMI port died.
    Quote Quote