VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

I can't get Huffyuv working with Vegas Pro 9 on Windows 7 64 bit. I know the easy answer is "Win7 and Huffyuv don't play nice," but I have Huffyuv files playing back just fine in every program, even in Windows Media Player, which is a good test to see if something as robust as Vegas can handle it. My Huffyuv files keep coming up as offline media files.

Any ideas?

Aaron
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you using 64 bit Vegas? You need a 64 bit decoder for 64 bit Vegas. I would try a 64 bit build of ffdshow. Maybe the HuffYUV64 from here: http://members.optusnet.com.au/squid_80/ .

For 32 bit Vegas try this: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic332208.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This doesn't work.

Why will no one come up with a working method to use Huffyuv files in 64 bit vegas?

Why is this such an impossible task?

Come on....there's got to be a 64 bit version of this codec that actually works by now.

But any links, any methods, anything that anyone suggests, is all rubbish that doesn' t work AT ALL!!!

A damn waste of my time downloading files and running processes that plain and simple DON'T WORK, which would be easily apparent if anyone would TEST THEIR METHODS BEFORE POSTING!!!!!

Yes, huffyuv files can be played in windows 7 64 bit, and can work in 32 bit versions of vegas. But, I've yet to find anything that works for getting a huffyuv file to work in a 64 bit version of vegas.

If anyone out there is actually using a 64 bit version of vegas with a working huffyuv codec, please, PLEASE, post a working method to get this working.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it's old and no longer supported. you could try the lossless UT codec.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Its VERY EASY my friend.

Just install FFDSHOW 32 and 64bits, config by shots and open in VEGAS 64bits (My is Vegas Pro 12, only 64bits)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ieMX0Hg.jpg
Views:	1058
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	17612

Name:	E6watID.jpg
Views:	1057
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	17613

Name:	MtCORti.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	17614

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I've installed ffdshow 64 bit, vegas 10 pro 64 bit still won't open a huffyuv codec. That doesn't work!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jon.G View Post
    I've installed ffdshow 64 bit, vegas 10 pro 64 bit still won't open a huffyuv codec. That doesn't work!
    Not work on your PC Jon.G

Try any codec pack? I use K-lite Mega pack here. Open all files on VD, VEGAS, PD...

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    JonG, HuffYUV is opensource. If you are so worked up about having to have that codec and in 64bit, why don't you compile a 64bit version yourself?

Or batch convert all your HuffYUV files to UTvideo files. Once converted, and after having deleted the Vegas media cache files, you can replace the former with the latter (keeping the same names & paths). Should relink fine.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    JonG, upload a sample to a file sharing site of one that doesn't open. post the link here to have it checked.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote