VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok this is what im trying to do , i have a HD PVR hauppauge , it will record to .ts .m2ts .mp4 , i want to take any of these formats , cut the end and the start off them and then still use the digital audio on it without losing quality.

Ive tried h264TScutter it appears to work but when i play the file back its out of sync badly, any help at all will be great, this should be really easy but for some reason im getting nowhere (2 days trying now)

cheers folks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yeah, it appears it (h264tsCutter) works okay for some people, poorly for others. I had no sync problems myself when I tested it, just ugly cuts, with a few frames of noise inserted. [shrugs]

Anyway, I have a Hauppauge HD-PVR and use tsSniper to edit the transport streams. It's reasonably accurate and clean. No sync problems yet.

1) Make certain you have installed latest ffdshow and Haali media splitter. Probably best to configure ffmpeg-mt as the h264 decoder. It's multithreaded, works fine for me.

2) In tsSniper settings, change splitter from "automatic" (the default choice) to "Haali media splitter AR". I had the program crash on me occasionally until I changed that setting. Each time the error message pointed to the splitter.

See if the above solves your problems. Good luck.

[EDIT] You can choose the mode (cut or scene) by right-clicking the pane on the right side. Use the arrows on the ends of the timeline itself to back up or advance to the next I-frame, then use the in or out markers. It's not difficult to get the hang of.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the fast reply trying now looking good cheers
    Quote Quote