VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've capped an old PAL VHS to MPEG-2 with the EasyCap. The video has 'mild' dropouts, which manifests as frozen frames, but video and audio is in sync in the final file.

Now I want to crop and denoise the video, so I run it through DGIndex and some Avisynth filters. Problem is that now the stream elements no longer match. The sound runs more than 10 seconds longer than the video.

I've made test caps from air, and there are no sync problems there, and re-capped the vhs with the same bad result, so I'm pretty sure the vhs instability causes frame drops.

Question is: is there any way to process the streams and keep the sync?
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the cap plays normally in a directshow player (resyncs itself) , you could try DirectShowSource() instead of DGIndex

Another option is to cut out the bad sections and process in segments

Another option is to add blank frames or freezeframe() to the video, so it matches audio

Running it through something like videoredo's quickstream fix might help (unlikely)
    Quote Quote  
  3. DirectShowSource() almost worked. The sound is now in sync when previewed in VirtualDub, but the encoded file is out of sync.

Videoredo's quickstream fix removed some audio frames, but did not sync it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    These problems drive me crazy! I wish someone had a good solution.
    Quote Quote