VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    Video clips recorded by the Canon HD camcorder HF200 are in .mts file format. The Western Digital Media Player plays .mts files. For continuous playback for all the clips, I would like to merge/join/combine the multiple .mts files (multiple clips) into ONE single .mts file without any encoding/decoding.

Someone mentioned TSMUXER. I tried that (JOIN feature) but the output file became .264 format which cannot be played by the WD media player. I just want to merge/join multiple .mts files into one single .mts file (without any encoding/decoding) for continuous playback of all the clips.

Please advise. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you select ts or m2ts muxing in tsmuxer? don't use demux.

If you did that then did you just get a .264 file? no audio file?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I don't have TSMUXER in front of me right now. I remember joining the .mts files then choosing HD Video in one of the field (since I don't see choices with .mts or .m2ts), then clicking on the left button (of 2 buttons at the bottom of the TSMUXER screen). (I am not sure if it's demux or mux......). The output was an .264 file and an .ac3 file.

I am looking for a TSMUXER user guide to understand what to select in the drop-down fields.

For my case, what steps do I take in TSMUXER to have one single output file in .mts or .m2ts format? (I don't remember seeing .m2ts format anywhere in the drop-down fields, I did see .ts format, however. Is this equivalent to .m2ts?)

Also, is .m2ts format the same as .mts format? (I don't want encoding/decoding to my original .mts files; for example: convert to mpeg4).

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TSMUXER worked!

I ADDED the first mts file in the sequence then JOINed the subsequent mts files (clips) (one at a time) until all the mts files that I wanted to merge appear in the INPUT section. Then I chose M2TS MUXING, then clicked START MUXING button at the bottom of the screen.

It worked! thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Great! And thanks for posting the solution as it might help others also.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tsmuxer is great, of course, I used it many times, but...audio of big clip is out of sync!!!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Thorp
    Tsmuxer is great, of course, I used it many times, but...audio of big clip is out of sync!!!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Check this post - maybe it will help you
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic369435.html
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @fkasparek Thank you very much!
    I've been using Cyberlink Power Director 8. It is as fast as TsMuxer (if I choose not to use effects, transitons...), but it does the job correctly.
    I hope TsMuxer will fix those problems, it is a great tool.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by frmsuv2van
    TSMUXER worked!

I ADDED the first mts file in the sequence then JOINed the subsequent mts files (clips) (one at a time) until all the mts files that I wanted to merge appear in the INPUT section. Then I chose M2TS MUXING, then clicked START MUXING button at the bottom of the screen.

It worked! thanks
    Dear all,

I am new of this forum...Thank you for your suggestions..

Something that could be useful from my experience with TsMuxer and PoweDirector...

TsMuxer works great when you need to merge multiple m2ts files, as those recorded with my panasonic sd5

I need a single m2ts in order to play it on WD Tv box

Well, as you probably experienced, TsMuxer does not allow multiple choice of files to be merged...and it is boring to select one by one..

I discovered the right sintax of the .meta file to be launched together with TsMuxer, in order to write onto it the list of files to be merged...

I also prepared a tiny exe that prepares the .meta from starting and ending numbers of mts files to be joined..

I will upload it and its source code somewhere (suggestions ?) soon...I think it could be interesting for all the people with this problem

Cheers!

Marco
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please post this tool, I'm bored selecting all the files to append in TSMuxer too.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's a well hidden feature in TSMuxer: you can drag-drop files onto the Add or Join button and that does the trick!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by piec2 View Post
    There's a well hidden feature in TSMuxer: you can drag-drop files onto the Add or Join button and that does the trick!
    Thanks, you saved my day
    Have been looking out for webs and webs for this: so simple, so great!
    Quote Quote  
  13. #-------------------------- mktsmux ------------------------
    # Generates a tsMuxeR script to join a dir full of .MTS files
    # into a single MTS file. I use it to copy data from my
    # Sony CX580V HD camcorder to my computer. Change dir to the
    # camera, then run the script passing the destination dir.
    # Aug 16, 2013 - Joe Briggs
    #-----------------------------------------------------------
    #!/bin/sh
    app=~/bin/tsMuxeR

outdir="/home/jbriggs/Videos"
    metafile="ts.meta"
    outfile="$outdir/out.m2ts"

fscan() {
    once=0
    ls *.MTS | while read x ; do
    if [ $once -gt 0 ] ; then
    echo -n "+" >> $metafile
    else
    once=$(($once+1))
    fi
    # if [ $once -lt 20 ] ; then
    echo -n "\"$x\"" >> $metafile
    # fi
    done
    }

if [ -z $1 ] ; then
    echo "usage: mktsmux destdir"
    exit 0
    fi
    outdir=$1
    mkdir -p $outdir
    outfile="$outdir/out.m2ts"

touch $outfile
    unlink $outfile
    touch $metafile
    unlink $metafile
    #echo "#!/bin/sh" > $metafile
    # header
    echo "MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --vbr --vbv-len=500" >>$metafile
    # video
    echo -n "V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, " >>$metafile
    fscan
    echo ", fps=29.97, insertSEI, contSPS, track=4113" >>$metafile
    # audio
    echo -n "A_AC3, " >>$metafile
    fscan
    echo ", track=4352" >>$metafile
    # graphic
    echo -n "S_HDMV/PGS, " >>$metafile
    fscan
    echo ",bottom-offset=24,font-border=2,text-align=center,video-width=1920,video-height=1080,fps=29.97, track=4608" >>$metafile

echo "$app $metafile $outfile"
    $app $metafile $outfile
    echo "COMPLETE! output in $outfile"
    Quote Quote  
  14. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    SOLUTION:

You can try using Lehmann Video Tool (LVT).

I have developed a very simple easy user friendly program that will features the ability to merge AVCHD (.mts) files into a single (.m2ts) video file.

The program also allows you to trim your video clips to the perfect sizes before merging them all if you wish.

You can try the program here or here
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just use the binary copy command in MS-DOS.

To make it easy, I put the files in a new folder "Video" in the root of one of my data drives "F:" for example.

Then go to START->ACCESSORIES and launch your MS-DOS "Command Prompt".

Type (using my examples)...

cd F:
    cd video
    copy /b 00001.MTS+00002.MTS new.MTS

Use whatever filename you want where I put "new".

Wait about five minutes while it appears to be doing nothing. Prompt will return when it is finished.
    Quote Quote  
  16. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by frmsuv2van View Post
    Hello,
    Video clips recorded by the Canon HD camcorder HF200 are in .mts file format. The Western Digital Media Player plays .mts files. For continuous playback for all the clips, I would like to merge/join/combine the multiple .mts files (multiple clips) into ONE single .mts file without any encoding/decoding.

Someone mentioned TSMUXER. I tried that (JOIN feature) but the output file became .264 format which cannot be played by the WD media player. I just want to merge/join multiple .mts files into one single .mts file (without any encoding/decoding) for continuous playback of all the clips.

Please advise. Thanks!
    I've created a software that merged .mts files and allows trimming.

You can try Lehmann Video Tool. Link: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Lehmann-Video-Tool

or the forum post link: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/364943-LVT-%2AUPDATED%2A-%5BBeta-1-20%5D-Merge-Trim...CHD-Video-File
    Quote Quote