VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i used Xvid4psp to remux a .mkv file (vidoe stream: copy). the original .mkv, when opened with mediainfo gives: Display aspect ratio : 2.401. after remuxing - "Display aspect ratio : 16/9". ?! resolution of both files: 960x544 pixels.
    the original file when played on my stand alone player, it stretches the pic to 16:9, but not when played on the PC. so i guess there is something wrong with the original file. what could it be ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. remux to what container? just set the display flag to whatever you want.

960x544 with 1:1 pixels is approximately 16/9 so I don't see what the problem is, can you clarify?
    Quote Quote  
  3. hm... 960x544 is 16:9 indeed remuxed to .mkv as well. The picture is distorted (stretched vertically) if it runs on 16:9. on my computer runs fine without the "resize & aspect" filter in ffdshow. on the NEW .mkv it will NOT, and i just did "copy stream". on the NEW .mkv i need to set the "specify aspect ratio" to 2.35:1 in ffdshow in order for the picture not to be streched.

where is this display flag ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Use mkvmergegui (mkvtoolnix) to remux into mkv. Highlight the video track, format specific options tab, aspect ratio => set it , press start muxing

Even if SAR information is used in the encoded stream, the DAR flag in the mkv container should override it
    Quote Quote  
  5. You actually want a DAR of 2.401, I'm guessing, so use MKVmerge to set that ratio like PDR said.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It worked! well on my PC, that is. on my stand alone dsm-750 still displays it as 16:9 streched. i guess stand alone players (maybe mine only) don't care about flags, just dipslays whatever the resolution is.

when i used mkvmerge, i also included some subtitles and they did get succesfully added to the container, but they wont show on the player, only on the PC. please take a look at this thread also:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic372576.html#2001658
    Quote Quote