VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking for an app that will allow me to make an image slideshow as a single .swf file with navigation buttons (next, previous, pause, etc). I tried Photodex Proshow but it creates a small swf but embeds the images in a separate .flv file. I also tried AleoFlashSlideshowMaker which does exactly what I want and creates everything in a single swf but the resulting show is very low quality and very pixelated even at 100% quality in the app's settings. My source images are very high quality.... I tried a few other apps but they all create separate files and folders that the swf needs to play the show. Can someone recommend an app? I prefer free but will pay if the app gets the job done. I prefer Windows but will use Linux in a VM if I have to. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most people do this using Powerpoint -- I don't think it makes SWF, but I know I get chain letter slideshows in PP format every week from family/friends. (Grrr....)

Does Adobe Flash do this?

I referred back to this post that had reviews of DVD slideshow software a couple of years ago. I remember reading it again recently.

It reminded me of MemoriesOnTV software, which might have what you want -- maybe.

Good luck.

Post back when you find something. I'm curious too.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually I tried MOTV, that doesnt have the output option I need. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wink will do what you want. It is a tool designed for tutorials for software, but it can do what you want+give you html code to load the swf in a web page.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    IIRC, the well-(un)known swftools can create slideshows,
    but, depending on the complexity of your project,
    a deeper knowledge of ActionScript might be required.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info.... I tried Wink but I have to load all images 1 by 1 and add navigation arrows 1 by 1. I am dealing with galleries that will be 100+ images so thats out of the question. I looked at swftools. Looks like it is command line based and requires server side php scripting. I just want something simple thats easy to put together and easy to update when I want to remove some older images and add some new ones. I'll keep looking....
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you want it fancy, you can do it with adobe flash pro, but this requires a bit of action script knowledge

If you want quick & easy with premade templates, have a look sothink swf quicker. You don't have to know any action script or programming, it's all automated and almost 1-click if you use the wizard. You can do manual editing as well should you choose, and you do have control over the jpeg quality level in the settings

(and no I am not affiliated with sothink any way...)

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And we have a winner!! "Photo Flash Maker" by ANVSoft. The free version does exactly what I need. While the advanced templates in the Pro version are xml driven, the basic templates in the free version embeds everything into a single .swf file and the output looks very good.

http://www.photo-flash-maker.com/download.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the report back.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote