VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just bought an EasyCap DC60 UBS video capture with editing software to transfer Old VHS to Digital Videos. I can not for the life of me get the driver to intall at all, It keeps reading as a blank Cd. I have look all over for a driver on the internet and come up empty. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You may find a bit more info on the device here: http://www.climaxdigital.co.uk/epages/BT3449.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3449/Products/111113 It's a UK company, but they seem to know a bit about the device. They sell the EasyCap DC60+, which may be a newer model than you have. What OS are you using? Vista is a bit harder to install drivers for. Vista 64 especially.

If the CD isn't recognized, try it in a different reader or a different computer. The problem may be with your reader.

In general, USB devices don't need to be installed, just recognized by the OS or the program than does the transfers to the computer. If you plug it in, does it show up in your Control Panel>Device manager? Do you get a audio 'ding' when it's plugged in?

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Certain usb devices need specific drivers to work as intended even when windows recognizes a usb device,windows will say the device is not functioning if the drivers are not installed.

Best to bring the cd to another computer and rip and burn it again,i have had to do that for customers when they buy generic usb devices that wont work when the cd driver disc cant be read.You can even copy the drivers from the cd to a usb flash card from another computer.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    You may find a bit more info on the device here: http://www.climaxdigital.co.uk/epages/BT3449.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3449/Products/111113 It's a UK company, but they seem to know a bit about the device. They sell the EasyCap DC60+, which may be a newer model than you have. What OS are you using? Vista is a bit harder to install drivers for. Vista 64 especially.

If the CD isn't recognized, try it in a different reader or a different computer. The problem may be with your reader.

In general, USB devices don't need to be installed, just recognized by the OS or the program than does the transfers to the computer. If you plug it in, does it show up in your Control Panel>Device manager? Do you get a audio 'ding' when it's plugged in?

And welcome to our forums.
    Tanks for the welcome.

My laptop(which is the computer I'm trying to put this on) is an XP. I would try it in my moms computer but it is Vista and I'm not sure if it is 32 or 64. If it dose install on her computer would I be able to trasfer it over to mine? Yes my computer dose make a "Ding" noise when I plug it in but don't know how to get to it. I don't have a Device Manager in my control panle.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    With XP, go to 'Control Panel>Device Manager. You should see the device there. That just told you that XP sees the device. The device drivers are another problem. Usually, if XP sees it, you just need the drivers/program. Can't help you there much as they are specific to the program. If you can install the disc included programs, it should work.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Put the cd in your moms computer and copy the files to a usb flash card,carry the flash card to your laptop and put the usb flash card in,open the flash card when windows gives you a prompt to do so,click on the setup icon,install.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0
    Put the cd in your moms computer and copy the files to a usb flash card,carry the flash card to your laptop and put the usb flash card in,open the flash card when windows gives you a prompt to do so,click on the setup icon,install.
    Thanks for the help I'll try that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay now I have a new problem. I got the drivers installed and The video captureing software. But now when I try to capture anything All I get is the Audio and no video.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does the capture program generate a file? If so, drop it into MediaInfo or Gspot and see if there really is video there. You may not have the proper codecs installed to see the video.

Device manager is in 'Control Panel>System>Device Manager in XP. Look for a device with a yellow question mark that shows a driver not installed or not working.

XP doesn't have a MPEG-2 codec installed, if that's your capture format. You can add a MPEG-2 player that will supply that codec or use Stinkys MPEG2 Codec. VLC Media Player will also play most any format and is good to have for the occasional odd format.
    Quote Quote