VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, and first my humble apologies if this was posted before !

I have a hauppauge HVR900H analog/dvbt stick.
    I record from cable and when I tape dvbt programs, I get a TS file with multiple audio tracks (and sometimes a teletext track). The resulting TS files are huge as some channels are at 15Mbs MP2 video and 192KBs
    audio.
    Tasks:
    1. cut out unwanted sections/ads
    2. convert to mp4 AVC , AAC stereo ( I use Handbrake for this).
    ========
    Plan A.
    I have tried mpegstreamclip(with QTalternative) to cut out unwanted sections, however Handbrake spits out theresulting ts file with an error msg:
    "No titles found, Please make sure you have selected a valid non copy protected soure.
    Your source may be copy protected, badly mastered or a format which Handrake does not support".
    Any ideas how to solve this one?.

Plan B.
    As a second option, I thought I would convert the file, ads and all and later clean up the resulting mp4 file (AVC , with mutiple audio).
    I tried avidemux but it seems to support only one audio track .
    Any tool out there to simply cut mp4 files with multiple audio tracks?

many thanks
    8)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi felix,

If you want to keep your teletext stream and multiple audio streams and/or have h.264 video, you can try TSPE from http://www.bitstreamtools.com.

Alternatively you can try VideoRedo if you have MPEG2 Video and only need 1 audio stream.

Both the above are shareware though but are smart editors.

If your ultimate output is going to be re-encoded, then try RipBot264, which is freeware.

Regards,

Vent
    Quote Quote