VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Good Peoples,

I am hoping someone hear can help me please. (I have done some searching but have not been able to find the answer.)

I have ripped my DVD's using DVDFab with no problems. They are ripped at 16:9. I am using avi.net to convert them so I can add them to my Egreat.

After the file has been indexed and the options come up, there is an option for "screen size." However it does not show 16:9 or anything that makes a lot of sense to me. The drop-down option box shows numbers like Width 720 0r 640 etc.

The red info shows (for example) "DVIX Size 1120MB 0.21 2.35:1 640x272"

(I am using the Divx7 avi codec option.)

Can anyone please tell me how I get it to output at 16:9 please?
    Cheers
    Ric
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you rip it at 16:9 it wil add black borders on the top and bottom,any reason you need to do that?The egreat player should display it at the right ratio.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The DVD aspect ratio is not necessarily the same as the movie aspect ratio (the actual content)

Does the DVD have letterboxing ? (black border on top & bottom) i.e. is the aspect ratio of the movie 2:35:1 or something else?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the response.

It doesn't give me the option of 16:9 and I thought that was what was required as it was the input size according to DVDFab.

All I want is the right (best size) picture on my SD 104cm TV.
    Cheers
    Ric
    Quote Quote