VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Before purchasing my new HD Sanyo camcorder I firewired my video footage to Movie Maker, created a project and then burned to DVD no problem. (this was using an older JVC DV camcorder)

I want to archive my HD video clips to DVD and accept that they will no longer be in HD format. However i can create a storyboard from my clips using Movie Maker but when I try to burn, the encoding process freezes. (using Windows DVD maker)

My laptop is high spec and I have downloaded a 15 day trial of Nero but experienced similar results.

Can anyone tell me if this is a common fault and do I need some alternate software or do I need to down convert the files into AVI clips before starting the whole process?

Any advice would be appreciate as I am stuck....
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, it's common. It will take a while until all video applications works fine with all hd video standards.

But try export to DV-AVI in Windows Movie Maker and then convert the DV-AVI with Window DVD Maker or use other dvd applications like the free DVD Flick.

Or try some newer all-in-one HD editing and authoring apps like Vegas Movie Studio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the advice. Tried DVD Flix and worked
    Quote Quote