VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I'm trying to demux a video using vobedit (I need to add subtitles to it). The video runs for about 107 minutes. After it finishes, the video runs at about 72 minutes. Curiously, the audio still runs for the full duration. Has anyone else encountered such a problem?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by architectofpain
    Has anyone else encountered such a problem?
    No, and neither have you. Players don't show the correct length of a demuxed M2V. Open it in GSpot and wait a minute for the M2V to be parsed and then read the 'real' length.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. Will give it a go.

Edit:
    Now I'm getting confused. Virtualdub shows 107 minutes which is the correct length. GSpot shows 92 minutes and Nero Showtime shows 54 minutes (72 minutes was a rough estimate). I tried remuxing the video, audio and subs before but it ran out of sync in Nero Showtime (presumably due to the time difference). Should it run properly in VirtualDub and when I attempt to burn it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm surprised that GSpot doesn't give the correct length, because it does when I open M2Vs in it. Did you wait until it had parsed the whole thing? But I don't demux using VobEdit either, but PGCDemux. Demuxing is demuxing, I guess, so VobEdit should work. Actually, the best way to get the correct length is to make a D2V project file to use in an AviSynth script which you then open in VDub(Mod) to get the length. Either that or open the D2V in Gordian Knot which will then also give you the correct length.

But I guess you've assured yourself that it's all there?
    I tried remuxing the video, audio and subs...
    Using what? Stop using Nero for anything DVD related. The best pure DVD muxer is Muxman.
    Should it run properly in VirtualDub and when I attempt to burn it?
    That makes no sense to me since VDub isn't meant to be a player. Burn it? Burn it how? This is the DVD with your new subs? I don't know how you're doing anything so I, for one, won't guarantee success. Have you seen Baldrick's guide to adding subs to a DVD:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html

I think his Method 2 is the better of the two methods outlined.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like this little simple app.

It will demux and author (and a few other things).

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/Simple-DVD-Creator.shtml
    Quote Quote