VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitles appear as diagonal splashes of dots rather than text.

^ That's all I get now in MPC and I don't know what has caused it. Was working fine a few days ago. It's not like I can uninstall MPC and reinstall it to fix it. I am running Windows 7 x64.

Someone help me please. :'(
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also I can't get subtitles to display in Media Center or latest version of Windows Media Player either.
    Quote Quote  
  3. In MPC go to View -> Options -> Subtitles -> Default Style. Make sure the Angle is set to 0, Scale x and y to 100. Check the font too. If subs still aren't working you may have to go into the registry and tweak things there. Unfortunately, the subtitle settings are saved as a list of numbers in one key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest\Media Player Classic\Settings\SPDefaultStyle

MPC and MPCHC seem to use a slightly different list of numbers and can screw each other up.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, I have used the Home Cinema x64 version a few times, but found it buggy and had deleted it.

Changing the subtitles settings weren't being saved even when I ran MPC as an admin, so I deleted all the MPC preferences in Registry Editor and now MPC is working fine.

Thanks for the fine tips jagabo. Cheers.

Quote Quote