VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am having problems with a mov file exported from FCP that is a 640 x 480 ACC, H.264 mov file.
    As soon as I hit encode, the file dings, and is finished with an empty file.

The settings I'm using is:
    Video Bitrate 516
    Video Size 320x240
    autosize 4:3
    Framerate 29.97
    and audio ACC

here's what I could find in the error log:

Aug 25 09:40:26 greenpeas-productionss-macbook-pro-30 ffmpegX[424]: Can't open input server /Users/greenpea/Library/InputManagers/SafariStand3.0L151
    Aug 25 09:40:27 greenpeas-productionss-macbook-pro-30 ffmpegX[424]: NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'.
    Aug 25 09:40:29 greenpeas-productionss-macbook-pro-30 /Applications/ffmpegX.app/Contents/MacOS/ffmpegX[424]: installAutoFSMonitor: open failedideo bitrate

Has anyone had a similar problem?
    Thanks!

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stembridge
    here's what I could find in the error log:

Aug 25 09:40:26 greenpeas-productionss-macbook-pro-30 ffmpegX[424]: Can't open input server /Users/greenpea/Library/InputManagers/SafariStand3.0L151
    Aug 25 09:40:27 greenpeas-productionss-macbook-pro-30 ffmpegX[424]: NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'.
    Aug 25 09:40:29 greenpeas-productionss-macbook-pro-30 /Applications/ffmpegX.app/Contents/MacOS/ffmpegX[424]: installAutoFSMonitor: open failedideo bitrate
    I'm not sure where you found that, but it doesn't look anything like the Process Information log that ffmpegX would generate. Please post what it says when you click the blue "i" in the ffmpegX Progress window, after a conversion attempt.
    Quote Quote  
  3. look s like it has this:
    Encoding started on Tue Aug 25 13:22:57 EDT 2009
    FFmpeg version CVS, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
    Mac OSX universal build for ffmpegX
    libavutil version: 49.0.0
    libavcodec version: 51.9.0
    libavformat version: 50.4.0
    [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x5597b8]negative ctts, ignoring
    Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/Users/greenpea/Desktop/QWSpromo2.mov':
    Duration: 00:03:48.2, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1518 kb/s
    Stream #0.0(eng): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo
    Stream #0.1(eng), 29.97 fps(r): Video: h264, yuv420p, 640x480
    Codec type mismatch for mapping #0.0 -> #0.0
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Stream #0.0(eng): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo
    Stream #0.1(eng), 29.97 fps(r): Video: h264, yuv420p, 640x480
    Codec type mismatch for mapping #0.0 -> #0.0
    Your source file has audio in stream #0.0, and video in stream #0.1. ffmpeg expects it the other way around, and it errors on being unable to convert audio to video (the codec types don't match when trying to convert the first stream to video). For other conversions this can be fixed by telling ffmpegX that the streams are reversed, but somehow that doesn't work right when converting to FLV.
    There is a trick to reverse the streams using QuickTime Pro, so that ffmpegX has a source file with the streams in expected order, and all is well. That is the only solution I know of (with ffmpegX).
    Quote Quote  
  5. This was video extracted from a DVD using mpegstreamclip. Perhaps that may have been where the mixed stream came into play.

I tried your fix, and that seems to work, and isn't that big of a deal. Shame there isn't a checkbox within ffmpegX to show the streams are reversed!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...mpegstreamclip. Perhaps that may have been where the mixed stream came into play.
    I'm pretty sure it is FCP's (in fact QuickTime's) way of creating .mov files that makes movies with audio-first stream order. The ffmpeg team and Apple seem to differ on what order should be default, unfortunately. For most things it doesn't really matter, except that ffmpeg relies on knowing the stream order.
    It is indeed a shame that ffmpegX can't detect this before running into an error.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Normally, if I shot footage, then exported direct out of FCP, there' no problems. It is just when I have ripped footage from a DVD then import into FCP, edit, and export again. I guess there's a lot of room for things to get mixed up.

Thanks for identifying the problem though!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks again for this fix.... should be a sticky!

BTW.... it WILL NOT work with the new QuickTime 10; HOWEVER, if you save a copy of QuickTime 7 (I have 7.6.3) it still opens fine, even with the newer QT installed.
    Quote Quote