VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes,
    I connected my Dell Optiplex to my Sony TV via a HDMI cable. The picture is great, but I do not have sound except from the PC. I have a Colorado GeForce 8400GS 128MB PCI express video card. Also, on my video card there is a set of wires with a 3- holed plug at the end which I do not have plugged into anything on my motherboard or anywhere else. I have tried fiddling with sound in control panel and the sound settings on my tv. No luck. I also have a receiver connected to my tv via RCA jacks and I am able to hear sound from my stereo when on the tv setting, and I have sound when set to HDMI 1 which has a Playstation 3 on it but not HDMI 2(which is what the computer is plugged into).

Thank you in advance,
    David747
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    have you checked for updated drivers? sometimes theres a different driver just for the hdmi portion...ilve had issues getting my 780g hdmi audio to work on xp but it works fine on vista..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for you input. I will try that
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do have the other part of my query. Do I need to attach the 3-holed plug at the end of my video card to anything?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nvidia chipset cards are known to have issues with SONY TV's. No need to hookup that 3 plugs. I believe that's a svideo cable w/audio.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I had to connect the spdif out from the audio card and connect that to the video card spdif in with my geforce 260gtx dvi to hdmi connection.Is there an spdif connector on the 8400?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote