VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought a Canon T1i digital camera. I'm trying to import the video file into Premiere Pro CS4 with no luck. Not sure if there is something I can download to get it to work, or if I need to convert the file into something...hoping somebody knows.

The files are .mov and in VLC it says the codec is avc1.

Let me know if you need any more information?
    Quote Quote  
  2. PP CS4 should have no problems importing it natively. Does it play in VLC or other media players correctly?

Maybe upload a tiny sample clip and we can check if it's an issue with PP CS4 vs. a system or configuration problem on your end. You can upload clips <5MB here or use a free hosting site like mediafire.com if larger
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    PP CS4 should have no problems importing it natively. Does it play in VLC or other media players correctly?

Maybe upload a tiny sample clip and we can check if it's an issue with PP CS4 vs. a system or configuration problem on your end. You can upload clips <5MB here or use a free hosting site like mediafire.com if larger
    It does play in VLC just fine. Here's a clip I uploaded to mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?03iytzchmaz
    Quote Quote  
  4. It works fine here on PP CS4 , on XP

I do have QTPro installed, I'm not sure if that plays a role. Before you go out running to buy QT, wait and see others might have some suggestions

You could convert to a lossless intermediate (e.g lagarith, huffyuv) , or import using avisynth frameserving methods (Premiere AVS Import plugin) , but I would only use these if you can't figure out how to get it in natively
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    It works fine here on PP CS4 , on XP

I do have QTPro installed, I'm not sure if that plays a role. Before you go out running to buy QT, wait and see others might have some suggestions

You could convert to a lossless intermediate (e.g lagarith, huffyuv) , or import using avisynth frameserving methods (Premiere AVS Import plugin) , but I would only use these if you can't figure out how to get it in natively
    Thanks a ton for the idea - I actually installed just regular Quicktime player (free), and I guess it added the codec which allowed it to import in.

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Good to know that the free version works, thx for the feedback!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Maxwhite View Post
    Good to know that ! And one thing here , if you want to know the inner codec that your origianl videos in , you can use this MediaInfo to know the inner codec.
    Fascinating!

Quote Quote