VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

Im new at this forum, so bare with me if i do something wrong

Let me explain what the problems are,

I'm trying to extract the video/audio files from a DVDR (29fps) ,MEGUI does the job for the extracting.
    As output i can choose, M2V or MKV, i choose M2V. When the extracting is done i open the video file but the movie is 57 min long. The movie misses 40 minutes. I dont know why it happend but i selected the vobs right. Then i try again but now as output MKV, the video is now complete but the fps is 29, and because of that i cant get the audio synced. I am trying to make a dvdrip.
    And i never saw a dvdrip with 29 fps, only 23/24/25 fps.

So i tryd again as M2V, it was still the same, it misses like 40 min of the movie, but the fps 23, and that was only thing it was right. I was really confused, i try several other dvdr's all were same + i used other programs like DGIndex,PGCDemux,Vobedit etc. All same result.

Can anyone help me how i can fix it, i just need the whole movie extracted in 23.976 fps.

Thankyou!
    Quote Quote  
  2. So i tryd again as M2V, it was still the same, it misses like 40 min of the movie, but the fps 23, and that was only thing it was right.
    It's almost certainly all there, but you're using players that don't give the correct length. You don't actually have any real evidence that any scenes are missing, do you? You're only looking at the length a player gives?
    i used other programs like DGIndex,PGCDemux,Vobedit etc. All same result.
    If you're using DGIndex and get the D2V project file at the same time as the M2V, then use that D2V along with the DGDecode.dll in an AviSynth script, open it in VDub(Mod) and go File->File Information. That will be the proof that all ways are giving you the complete video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Discov3r3d
    I'm trying to extract the video/audio files from a DVDR (29fps)
    Then just use DVDDecrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [quote="manono"]
    It's almost certainly all there, but you're using players that don't give the correct length. You don't actually have any real evidence that any scenes are missing, do you? You're only looking at the length a player gives?
    Thats true m8, i always checked the length on the players, and i check the beginning and ending.
    But like you said i never saw a missing part of the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [quote="Discov3r3d"]
    Originally Posted by manono
    Thats true m8, i always checked the length on the players, and i check the beginning and ending.
    But like you said i never saw a missing part of the movie.
    But what do you mean and how to open the d2v file?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Discov3r3d
    But what do you mean and how to open the d2v file?
    Well, you can open the D2V directly in Gordian Knot, if you have that installed. You can get the length and scroll through the picture. But what I meant when I wrote that was since you used DGIndex, I figured you had at least a rudimentary understanding of AviSynth, since DGIndex is usually used to make D2V files for use in AviSynth scripts. Here's a basic one:

LoadPlugin("C:\Path\To\DGDecode.dll")
    MPEG2Source("C:\Path\To\Movie.d2v")

Adjust for your names and paths. Write that in an .avs (a renamed .txt file), and open it in VDub(Mod) just as you would other kinds of video files. This also requires that AviSynth be installed, and the docs included with the DGMPGDec package tell you more about getting started with DGIndex and AviSynth.

And although it might take a minute or so to parse the M2V, GSpot will also give you the accurate length.
    Quote Quote