VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using Super Video Converter for a while now. I installed it on my new laptop and it worked well. Now every time I try to convert anything at all, it crashes. And half the time it won't even open. It will start to act like it's about to, but then the hourglass will stop. I've been running Vista 64 bit version on my Toshiba laptop, which is the computer it doesn't work on. It works fine on my desktop HP, and that computer runs Vista 32 bit.

I fell in love with this software when I first found it, because no other converter has the range of capabilities that this one does. And it's the only converter I've found that converting between formats doesn't cause the video quality to degrade. Other converters like Any Video Converter, which I used to use, butchers the quality. And I like being able to actually convert files to .VOB format instead of mpg. No other player I've found will do that.

Please help me get it working again!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Super is just a collection of programs under a common GUI, nothing outstanding. It may be some of those programs aren't entirely compatible with 64 bit OS's. Other thoughts; Have you installed any codec packs or anything else that might be interfering with the program?

And welcome to our forums.

EDIT: It appears you may be talking about another program besides Super. I hadn't heard of 'Super Video Converter' before.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz

EDIT: It appears you may be talking about another program besides Super. I hadn't heard of 'Super Video Converter' before.
    It's the same player you're thinking of. The alternate site I downloaded it from had that as the full name of the program. But it's the same Super you're thinking of.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The SUPER website is not the most friendly website to navigate and find anything on. However after a bit of ferreting around I found this :

The following minimum configuration is required to run SUPER©.v2009.build.36(June.10,2009) on your PC.

o Operating System: Windows® 98 (second edition), Windows® ME (final release)
    Windows® 2000, Windows® XP, Windows® 2003, Windows® Vista.
    SUPER©.v2009.build.36(June.10,2009) is NOT suitable to run in a Windows emulator environment like WINE or similar
    o Full admin credentials within an admin session (for NTkernel OS). (Vista users, RightClick and 'Run as... Administrator')
    o Processor: Minimum 1800 MHz Intel® Pentium4® or equivalent. (64-bit CPU or OS support is NOT guaranteed)
    o RAM: At least 512MB installed and 176MB available.
    o DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
    o Free Disk Space on the Hard disk where the OS is installed: 20GB or more.
    o Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or larger, otherwise the GUI will not show the lower buttons.
    o Screen Color mode: 32,000-color video or more.
    o Browser: MSIE 5.01 or later.
    o Internet connection: High speed connection required to play and save Internet Media Streams and get update notifications.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote