VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been converting my DVDs to XviD with AutoGK and everything is perfect except for the audio. In AutoGk I select 128 VBR audio, but when I open the resulting file in MediaInfo it says that the audio is 32kbps CBR. It only says this for some of my movies though. Any ideas of how I can fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How up-to-date is your version of MediaInfo? Some utilities/players do only seem to report, say, the lowest bitrate in a VBR track. But MediaInfo should (at least, I think it should) see a VBR MP3 track correctly.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ai Haibara
    How up-to-date is your version of MediaInfo? Some utilities/players do only seem to report, say, the lowest bitrate in a VBR track. But MediaInfo should (at least, I think it should) see a VBR MP3 track correctly.
    I have the newest version of MediaInfo. I don't think that's the problem because some movies I convert say "111 Kbps (128 Kbps)" and others just say "32kbps" but the audio doesn't sound 32kbps. I just don't know why MediaInfo is saying that it is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah, I'd chalk it up as some kind of a MediaInfo error as well. What does GSpot have to say about it?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Yeah, I'd chalk it up as some kind of a MediaInfo error as well. What does GSpot have to say about it?
    Gspot says that the audio is 112 kb/s
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm... wonder how complete/accurate the routines all these programs use to detect VBR and report the bitrate on those streams are. Sounds like there might just be the occasional file, encoded just the right way, that can throw most of them off.

I wonder if Winamp would report the bitrate and VBR encoding correctly. (I'm on a Linux system at the moment, so I can't check.)
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote