Hi folks. Checking to see if anyone else is seeing a similar thing. I recently upgraded to 9.0 Ultra and while DVD's are playing and I launch a game, the playback stops, then jumps forwards a few clips, stops again, then resumes and spins forward and resumes where it is supposed to be, time wise. This lasts for over 1 minute. I am posting because PowerDVD 8.0 was not like this at all. It is a problem because I often run mmo games and change playes frequently. Each change or relaunch of the games does this. The one game it does not occur with is EVE online. I want to think it is a problem with the 64 bit OS running x86 games but as mentioned it was just fine with PowerDVD 8.0. My understaning though is that 8.0 has no 64 bit support while 9.0 is supposed to include 64 bit support. However when PowerDVD 9.0 installs, it is placed in the x86 application folder in Vista. Oh, and one other thing I notice is that my desktop cpu meter, which shows a 4 min snapshot of cpu activity, looks normal. No aborations or activity spikes.

I checked PowerDVD settings and tried hardware acceleration on and off. Installed latest Nvidia driver v190. Set driver control panel to read 3(default) and then 8 frames buffered. No hardware issues or recent changes, runs great. No booting or freezing problems.

System = Vista 64bit running on Core i7 920, Intel DX50SO, Dominator 6gb, Pioneer BD drive, LG BD/HD DVD drive, EVGA 8800GT running Sony VPC-VW40 Projector and EVGA 9800 GTX+ running Samsung 245 BW.