VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I tried to publish a video I made on Windows Movie Maker it gave me thius message:

"Cannot complete publish movie

Windows Movie Maker cannot publish the movie to the specific location. Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available, that the publishing location is still available, that there is enough disk space available, and then try again."

Well after checking, all the video sources were still available, and when I tried to test play the video by clicking "Play Timeline," it wouldn't play. The video sources still play when i check them, but the timeline doesn't play at all.

Is there something wrong with the program ite=self, and what can be done to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    make a new folder somewhere else and try to save it there
    got enuf space?
    not sure but one or more of your source files may be corrupt
    try subtracting one file at a time from the timeline and seeif it plays
    or make a new project playing/testing the files as you assemble them on the timeline
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Enter project properties and confirm output type , ie , dv avi, ect ... as this is most likely the issue which is "not enough free space" error.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only thing else that comes to mind, is if you have too many effects, transitions and or titles in the same project.

You might try this: Open your project. Go to file-> save as and name it whatever project 02. This is so your first project will be saved and you can experiment with project 02, now.

Delete a couple of splits at the end and try to publish your movie. If you can't, delete more. There should be a point where it will be able to publish. It's at that length you know WMM will "let" you publish. If this all works, you can then import the saved movie and start again from there. I've had this happen a few times in the past and now publish my movies often, in the highest quality, so if I encounter this problem, I have the best to work with. I just finished a
    ten minute project, that had two out of three parts, that had to be imported. I was doing a filmography and was using one of the title effects to go from movie title to movie title.

Hopefully, it's something else, but in my experience it's having too many effects or transitions etc.
    PS: It's not just how many effects or transitions or titles. It can be the length and or fancier effect or transition, too. A plain old title stretched out
    over many seconds can use quite a bit of memory, but a more complicated title, say the one where you can have
    the video show through in a box with a title will take up more memory than the plain old text title of the same length.
    Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.

Plato
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I suspect one of two things, the most likely is that one of the video files you are using is actually corrupt, just because a video file plays on your computer does not negate it. The second is the location it is trying to save to such as c:\ or c:\....\my documents\ can also yield such results.
    Quote Quote