VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I would appreciate any info about this burner ..eg.. can it be used as an internal IDE devise and is it a re-badged 117D or whatever ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe that drives is a 216 according to this link below:

http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/review/pioneer-dvr-x162q-qflix-external-dvdcd-writer/

Look at where they did the test burns using the pioneer x162 drive. In Nero cd/dvd speed it shows Pioneer 216R. So with that it should be a Pioneer 216R in that external casing. You could post this question at the PIONEER Forum at CDFreaks.com.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks budz, I'll have a look at that link.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^^Your welx!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's been almost 4 years since I last visited that site, forgot my password and after 3 attempts to log in, got lucky the third time .... time flies when your getting on. Thanks budz, it would appear it cannot be used as an IDE internal drive and that's the way I would prefer to go. A few years ago they were throwing out the Pioneer 112D for AU$39, should have bought 2 or 3 then as they are hard to come by these days and asking 70/80 bucks for 2nd hand units. Pioneer Australia are clearing the DVD-RW X162 for AU$50 free delivery .... still thinking.
    Quote Quote